I Am Sorry Messages for Dad: Finding the right words to use in an apology for your father is heartbreakingly difficult. Simply because it is hard to explain the pain of realizing that you’ve hurt the guy whose only dream in life was to see you happy. This soulful post is a warm mix of quotes that sons and daughters can take ideas from, to write the sweetest apologies. Whether you want to apologize to for breaking a promise, telling lies, not keeping in touch, swearing at your old man or something as nasty as stealing money – take the first step towards fixing your relationship with your daddy by saying sorry. Life is too short to live with regrets, broken relationships and inflated egos. So, if you think that you owe an apology to your dad, take the time and write a cute message. It will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make in your life.
1) I have realized that the biggest mistakes I made in my childhood were not the mistakes themselves, but the fact that I never had the courage to walk up to my dad and apologize for each and every one of them. Today I am going to fix that – I am sorry dad.
2) I am sorry for hardening your heart with fights instead of softening it with hugs. Please forgive me dad.
3) Every sale needs a follow-up. Once you buy my excuses, I am follow it up with hugs. Sorry dad.
4) I can proudly say that my father is my biggest strength. It is a shame that I’ve done things which don’t let my father say the same for me. Sorry dad.
5) Instead of repentance, I chose revenge. Instead of remorse, I chose retaliation. Instead of regret, I chose rage. Sorry for everything, dad.
6) I always thought that I was stronger than you, until I saw your strength to forgive me even what I had done. Sorry for everything dad.
7) You always tried to bring about truce with me as an ally, but I always waged war by treating you like my enemy. I am sorry.
8) I thought I was doing everything right because everyone called me COOL. My dad earned my hate because he kept nagging me to fix myself and I thought he was a FOOL. But after all these years I realize that it was me who was being a TOOL. I am sorry, dad.
9) Just like you have always washed away my tears with your loving words, please wash away my sins with your forgiving hugs. I am sorry dad.
10) I never meant to tarnish the beautiful colors you added in the hues of my life. Sorry dad.
11) Every time I deserved a piece of your mind, you gave me a piece of your heart. I am sorry for all the troubles, dad.
12) You always wanted the best of the world for me. But I chose the worst of the world for myself. I am sorry old man.
13) I look back at my life and I can’t believe I disrespected the man who gave up his own life to provide for mine. I think about my childhood and I can’t believe I ignored the man who ignored the whole world to give attention to me. But I think about the future and I can see myself doing everything it takes to make up for all the lost years. I love you dad, I am sorry.
14) I took your kindness for your weakness, silence for your nonchalance and patience for vulnerability. Sorry to take you for granted, dad.
15) I haven’t just disrespected you, I have demeaned myself. I haven’t just infuriated you, I have insulted myself. I haven’t just frustrated you, I have failed my own self. Sorry dad.
16) All my life I did things that drove you mad, only to realize now that you’re the father everyone wishes they had. Sorry and thanks for everything dad.
17) Apologies are given to people you care for, but forgiveness is demanded from people you love. I am sorry and I demand forgiveness from you, daddy.
18) I know you will never be able to forgive my actions but I hope the tears in my eyes will make you forgive my heart. Dad, this apology is for all years I have spent hating you when you spent loving me. I am sorry.
19) I am sorry not just because I lied, but because I lied that I didn’t lie. Forgive me, dad.
20) You wanted me to be the apple of your eye but my shameful actions have made me the dust beneath your feet. Sorry, dad.
21) I’ve been searching everywhere for the perfect dad, when he was right here, holding me in his arms. Sorry dad.
22) A bear hug from my daddy can fix anything which is broken, including our relationship. I am sorry dad.
23) Sorry for hurting the person who has always made sure that nothing in this world ever hurts me. I love you dad.
24) Sorry for never realizing how shabby I was being, while you were out there hustling to provide for your family. I love you dad.
25) You expected me to be an ideal of a son, but my actions proved that I am an idiot of a son. Sorry dad.
26) I always knew that you were my punching bag, but I never meant to actually punch you with my mistakes. Sorry dad.
28) You put me in the center of your universe, but I relegated you to a corner in mine. Sorry dad.
29) Your dreams for me were like a hot air balloon that could rise high above everyone else. But I was the idiot who punctured them with my mistakes over and over again. I am sorry dad.
30) Forgiveness is the greatest virtue is what you have taught me. Won’t you practice what you preach? Sorry.
31) I have been the worst daughter to the best father in the world. Sorry daddy.
32) All my friends think that you are the coolest dad in the world. Please prove it by forgiving me. Sorry daddy.
33) All my life I was looking for an idol to look up to. I looked here, there and everywhere… only to realize years down the line that I already knew the most inspirational person in the whole world and his name was Dad.
34) I have made a few mistakes in my life, repented for them, fixed them and learnt my lessons. But my torture won’t be over until you forgive me. Sorry dad.
35) I don’t regret my childhood mistakes as much as I regret not apologizing to you, dad. I am sorry.
36) Dear dad, my apology to you is unconditional, just like your love.
37) I don’t want to make a false promise to never make mistakes again. But I promise to learn from every single one I have made so far. Dad, I am sorry.
38) When I hit rock bottom in my life, I thought it was the end. But it was a new beginning in disguise. I learnt life’s most important lesson – always listen to your parents. Dad, I am sorry.
39) You brought me up to be your sweet pea. But I grew up to be your bitter melon. Sorry daddy.
40) Life would have been much better had I listened to you earlier. I went down the wrong path and let you down. But I am not going to waste any more time doing what I should have done a long time back – apologize to you. I am sorry dad.