I am sorry messages for dad: Finding the right words to use in an apology for your father is heartbreakingly difficult. Simply because it is hard to explain the pain of realizing how badly you’ve hurt the guy whose only dream in life was to see you happy. This soulful post is a warm mix of quotes that sons and daughters can take ideas from, to write the sweetest apologies. Whether you want to apologize to for breaking a promise, telling lies, not keeping in touch, swearing at your old man or something as nasty as stealing money – take the first step towards fixing your relationship with your daddy by saying sorry. Life is too short to live with regrets, broken relationships and inflated egos.
1) I always knew that you were my punching bag, but I never meant to actually punch you with my mistakes. Sorry dad.
2) I am sorry for hardening your heart with fights instead of softening it with hugs. Please forgive me dad.
3) Every sale needs a follow-up. Once you buy my excuses, I am going to follow it up with hugs and kisses. Sorry dad.
4) Instead of repentance, I chose revenge. Instead of remorse, I chose retaliation. Instead of regret, I chose rage. Sorry for everything, dad.
5) You always tried to bring about truce with me as an ally, but I always waged war by treating you like my enemy. I am sorry.
6) I thought I was doing everything right because everyone called me COOL. My dad earned my hate because he kept nagging me to fix myself and I thought he was a FOOL. But after all these years I realize that it was me who was being a TOOL. I am sorry, dad.
7) Just like you have always washed away my tears with your loving words, please wash away my sins with your forgiving hugs. I am sorry dad.
8) Every time I have deserved a piece of your mind, you have given me a piece of your heart. I am sorry for all the troubles, dad.
9) I never meant to tarnish the beautiful colors you added in the hues of my life. Sorry dad.
10) You always wanted the best of the world for me. But I chose the worst of the world for myself. I am sorry old man.
11) I look back at my life and I can’t believe I disrespected the man who gave up his own life to provide for mine. I think about my childhood and I can’t believe I ignored the man who ignored the whole world to give attention to me. But I think about the future and I can see myself doing everything it takes to make up for all the lost years. I love you dad, I am sorry.
12) I took your kindness for your weakness, silence for your nonchalance and patience for vulnerability. Sorry to take you for granted, dad.
13) I can proudly day that my father is my biggest strength. It is a shame that my father cannot say the same for me. Sorry dad.
14) I haven’t just disrespected you, I have demeaned myself. I haven’t just infuriated you, I have insulted myself. I haven’t just frustrated you, I have failed my own self. Sorry dad.
15) I have been the worst daughter to the best father in the world. Sorry daddy.
16) Apologies are given to people you care for, but forgiveness is demanded from people you love. I am sorry and I demand forgiveness from you, daddy.
17) I know you will never be able to forgive my actions but I hope the tears in my eyes will make you forgive my heart. Dad, this apology is for all years I have spent hating you when you spent loving me. I am sorry.
18) I am sorry not just because I lied, but because I lied that I didn’t lie. Forgive me, dad.
19) You wanted me to be the apple of your eye but my shameful actions have made me the dust beneath your feet. Sorry, dad.
20) A bear hug from my daddy can fix anything which is broken, including our relationship. I am sorry dad.
21) I have realized that the biggest mistakes I made in my childhood were not the mistakes themselves, but the fact that I never had the courage to walk up to my dad and apologize for each and every one of them. Today I am going to fix that – I am sorry dad.
22) Sorry for hurting the person who has always made sure that nothing in this world ever hurts me. I love you dad.
23) You expected me to be an idol of a son, but my actions proved that I am an idiot of a son. Sorry dad.
24) Dad, I am sorry for letting your best dreams for me down, and for making your worst nightmares about me come true.
25) You put me in the center of your universe, but I relegated you to a corner in mine. Sorry dad.
26) Your dreams for me were like a hot air balloon that could rise high above everyone else. But I was the idiot who punctured them with my mistakes over and over again. I am sorry dad.
27) Forgiveness is the greatest virtue is what you have taught me. Won’t you practice what you preach? Sorry.
28) All my friends think that you are the coolest dad in the world. Please prove it by forgiving me. Sorry daddy.
29) I have made a few mistakes in my life, repented for them, fixed them and learnt my lessons. But my torture won’t be over until you forgive me. Sorry dad.
30) I don’t regret my childhood mistakes as much as I regret not apologizing to you, dad. I am sorry.
31) Dear dad, my apology to you is unconditional, just like your love.
32) I don’t want to make a false promise to never make mistakes again. But I promise to learn from every single one I have made so far. Dad, I am sorry.
33) When I hit rock bottom in my life, I thought it was the end. But it was a new beginning in disguise. I learnt life’s most important lesson – always listen to your parents. Dad, I am sorry.
34) Life would have been much better had I listened to you earlier. I went down the wrong path and let you down. But I am not going to waste any more time doing what I should have done a long time back – apologize to you. I am sorry dad.
35) You brought me up to be your sweet pea. But I grew up to be your bitter melon. Sorry daddy.