Goodbye Messages for Friends: Farewell Quotes in Friendship
Goodbye Messages for Friends: Looking for the perfect words to say goodbye to a friend? You might be sad that your friend is going away but this is the time to cherish all the beautiful memories rather than grieve about the inevitable. Read this post and reflect on your own friendship. Give your bestie a sweet farewell by writing cute quotes on a greeting card. From touching moments to beautiful memories and from funny pranks to happy smiles – bring everything together in a personalized message. You can even write a letter if you think that a small farewell note is not enough to express yourself. The farewell will be tearful but it will be yet another wonderful memory that you will cherish when you miss your friend.
1) With the wind in our hair and the sun in our eyes, we cherished our friendship as life’s greatest prize. Now that you are going away my life will cease, I will blissfully drown in all the beautiful memories. Goodbye.
2) I never knew that saying just one word could make me feel so blue, until I said GOODBYE to a special friend like you.
3) Our friendship is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Talking to you made me smile and meeting you set me free. I can’t believe that fate is taking you away and ripping us apart. I just want to say that I will miss you from the bottom of my heart. Goodbye.
4) Dear friend… the only reason I am saying goodbye to you is so that I can get the chance to say hello to you again. Goodbye.
5) Life and destiny can steal my best friend away from me but nothing can take away the precious memories. Goodbye my friend.
6) My heart is breaking into pieces as I see you leave. I hope you are happy that you have made me cry. You have no idea how much I am going to miss you. My life will sink into loneliness with this goodbye.
7) This two-in-one message is to say goodbye and also say sorry for all the times I may have unknowingly hurt your feelings and caused you pain. Goodbye my friend, until we meet again.
8) Who will tolerate my annoying antics, who will calm me down when I am angry. Who will listen to my daily rants, who will make sure I am always happy. Who will go to the mall with me, who will I hang out with every day. I am sad and totally devastated, as my bestie goes away. Goodbye.
9) Just like how you don’t forget the tune when a song fades out and stops playing, I will never forget the priceless memories of our friendship even though you are going away. Goodbye.
10) While seeing you off I may have a smile on my face, but after you leave I will be in a lonely place. My facade might be cheerful and happy, but deep down inside I will be suffering in agony. Goodbye.
11) I know that sometimes I have taken you for granted and got you to do things you didn’t want to do. But as you leave I just want you to remember that no one can be my best friend except you. Goodbye.
12) Don’t expect me to come to the airport to see you off when you leave. I will be in my room, crying on my loneliness’ eve. Goodbye.
13) How can I say goodbye to a friend who I can’t live without? I will suffer in silence but my heart will scream and shout.
14) When the sun says goodbye to earth, it leaves a beautiful sunset as a gift. When friends say goodbye to each other, they leave mementos of everlasting and priceless memories. Goodbye my friend, I will miss you.
15) When best friends say goodbye to each other, what they are really saying is ‘Hold that thought, I will be back soon’ So I will hold my thought until you return to hear the rest. Bon voyage.
16) Dear friend… I don’t want you to leave, I refuse to say goodbye. I will just watch you walk away while my heart silently weeps and cries.
17) I will force my voice and tongue to say the word goodbye, but my heart will never mean it. Goodbye.
18) Our friendship has taken me on a magical journey which I will never come to an end. Even though you are going away we will never stop being friends. Goodbye.
19) Our friendship was the oxygen that kept me alive. This goodbye is the vacuum that will suffocate me to death. Farewell.
20) When I say that bidding you farewell is easy, take it as a compliment. Because it shows how blindly I trust you when you say that you will come back soon. Bye, my friend.
21) All the beautiful memories that we have made together as friends are supposed to be cherished and fondly remembered with nostalgia. I guess we have a lot to keep ourselves busy with until we unite again. Goodbye my friend.
22) If lovers can be in long distance relationships with each other, why can’t we be in a long distance friendship? Goodbye and cheers.
23) I thought 160 characters would be too less for a goodbye tweet on Twitter. But the thought of living without my best friend has left me speechless. Goodbye.
24) Our goodbye hug may feel warm but your absence will leave my heart withering in cold. Farewell.
25) Everything in my life was perfect when it all suddenly came crashing down. I may let out a smile when you leave but your absence will put on my face, a permanent frown. Goodbye.
26) Saying goodbye to a friend like you is like saying goodbye to my own soul – it is just not possible.
27) Fights, girlfriends, boyfriends, arguments, lies – Nothing has ever come between our strong friendship. So a few hundred miles is not going to make any difference either. We are friends forever. Goodbye.
28) The hundreds of friends on Facebook and tens of followers on Twitter mean nothing to me in any way, if I don’t have real friends like you to meet every day. Goodbye.
29) This goodbye is just a test of our friendship. Let’s promise each other that distance and time won’t come in the way of our beautiful relationship. Goodbye.
30) Since true friends never really say goodbye to each other, please treat this goodbye message as a mere formality and delete is as soon as you have read it.
31) I feel sick, I feel low, I feel depressed and I feel sad – when I think about how I will miss you real bad. I feel miserable, I feel unwell, I feel down and I feel lonely – when I think about how life will be without my bestie. Goodbye.
32) Saying goodbye to a friend is harder than saying goodbye to a lover because between lovers, there is an expectation of being together again. Whereas between friends, there is no expectation or guarantee that destiny will bring them together again. Goodbye my friend.
33) The only reason I am happy saying goodbye to you is because I know you will bring back goodies and gifts for me when you return. Goodbye.
34) The absence of a friend is going to make me feel lonely and frustrated. There is nothing good about goodbye and just saying it makes me feel suffocated.
35) Today I take a moment to thank Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Jan Koum, Brian Acton, Evan Spiegel, Robert Murphy and Steve Jobs. Without them we wouldn’t have Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Snapchat and FaceTime. How else would I have possibly kept in touch with you? Goodbye.
36) I would have never said hello to you many years ago if I knew that saying goodbye to you would be so traumatic. Bye buddy, I will miss you.
37) Is this how you want to make me realize your importance in my life? Please don’t leave me, my friend. Goodbye.
38) It is easy to become friends, difficult to remain friends and hardest to say goodbye to a friend. Sorry, but I cannot do the hardest part.
39) Dear friend… I will silently stand in the corner and mourn one of my life’s worst days. I refuse to say goodbye because I don’t want to see you go away.
40) Even though you are going away you will still be a core part of my everyday life. First I used to hang out with you all the time and now, I will miss you all the time. Goodbye.