40th Birthday Wishes: Quotes and Messages
40th Birthday Wishes: This post is bursting with inspirational messages and funny quotes about life and the hoopla around turning forty years old. Whether it is for your dad, mom, husband, wife, sister, brother, friends or colleagues – make sure your greetings drive home the awesomeness that middle age has to offer. Put some thought into what you want to say and write it out on a cute card. Forties are when midlife crisis starts to peak and a few jokes and banter about growing old aren’t out of the question either. Humor and motivation are two of the best ways to help people move on. Your words might turn out to be, just what it takes to push the newest member of the Forty Club to live life to the fullest.
1) Life is a book and your forties are the chapters when it all starts making sense. Happy 40th birthday.
2) Make sure you live life in a way that when time machines are invented, you can proudly say ‘I don’t want to go back in time because I have lived my life in the best possible way’. Happy 40th birthday.
3) Turning forty isn’t a bad thing. It’s what your whole life has led up to. Make the most of it. Happy birthday.
4) Cherish the memories that make you smile, forget those that remind you of pain. Spend more time with your family, don’t hold yourself back from meeting long lost friends again. The time is never right, so don’t wait for it to present the perfect opportunity. Move on – it’s the only way to reach your true destiny. Happy birthday.
5) About forty years ago, the first email was sent in 1971, Sony Walkman was made in 1978 and disco became popular in the seventies. Wow, you were born in such a cool decade. Happy 40th birthday.
6) Don’t imprison yourself in thoughts of how life has gone by. Free yourself in the hope of what lies ahead. Happy birthday.
7) Maturity and wisdom are great assets to have, but they are useless if you don’t unburden your life’s liabilities with smiles and laughter. Happy 40th birthday.
8) Everyone grows older, but only a few make the most of it. Who are you going to be? Happy birthday.
9) The funny thing about age is that the more you think about it, the older you feel. Happy birthday.
10) Turning forty isn’t about lamenting about the years gone by, nor about turning older and letting out a sigh. Forty is a beautiful age which you can use as a pedestal, to live life to the fullest and make it magical. Happy birthday.
11) The best part about turning forty is that you can blame everything on midlife crisis. Happy birthday.
12) You can’t change the past but you can definitely control the future. So stop worrying about your twenties and thirties… and just focus on how you are going to rock your forties. Happy birthday.
13) Strive to be a 40 year old that makes people go – ‘I wanna be like that when I turn forty’ Happy birthday.
14) A fortieth birthday is like standing on a precipice – it’s like seeing what you got in life and what you chose to give a miss. It that obscure feeling of belonging nowhere – sometimes you are here, sometimes you are there. But this disorientation is meant to be enjoyed thoroughly – it will finally lead up to your beautiful destiny. Happy birthday.
15) Be happy that you are still 3,650 days away from turning fifty. Maybe this is the only way you can console yourself about turning forty. Happy 40th birthday.
16) Turning forty is like embracing a new sunrise in your life. Just look out into the horizon and see the awesomeness that lie ahead. Happy birthday.
17) Stop waiting for perfect moments in your life. Every second is as perfect and as priceless as you want it to be. Happy 40th birthday.
18) You know you are forty when you stop using Facebook to socialize and start using it to spy on your kids. Happy 40th birthday.
19) Forty is the teenage of old age – understand this before it is too late, and start living your life to the fullest. Happy 40th birthday.
20) Do you have some spare time in your life? Then maybe this is the right time to start searching for the Fountain of Youth! Happy fortieth.
21) Open up, be free, rise above the memories of your past’s dark lanes. Life is too precious to let regret and hate remain. Happy birthday.
22) Everyone will tell you that you look half your age. But as your friend it is my responsibility to tell you the honest truth – you are not turning any younger. Happy 40th, you oldie.
23) You are definitely forty if you notice that all your sentences start from ‘When I was younger…’ Happy birthday.
24) Forty is the time you start ticking off everything on your bucket list. If you keep postponing, you might be too old to do most of them. Happy birthday.
25) Your genes and DNA should be bottled up and preserved because you seem to be getting younger with every passing year. Happy 40th.
26) Life’s milestones aren’t supposed to be counted… they’re supposed to be celebrated. Happy 40th.
27) Have you heard nasty stories about how your body starts to wear down after forty? Well… they’re all true. Good luck and happy birthday.
28) Turning forty is a wakeup call – life is running away and the only way to catch up is to live the best life you possibly can. Happy 40th.
29) Turning forty is all about reaching some of life’s peaks… including the peak of midlife crises, peak of your kids’ teeny tantrums, peak of marital issues and peak of problems at work. Good luck!
30) FORTY – Flirty, Optimistic, Risky, Teasing and Youthful. This is the secret to feeling young even when you are forty years old. Happy birthday.
31) A new chapter of life for you, begins today. Say goodbye to your past and for the future, pave the way. Full of happy anecdotes, let a new story unfold. Smiles, laugh, share, cry… be carefree and bold. Happy 40th birthday.
32) Congratulations for turning forty. The average life expectancy is about 80 years so you have lived half of your life already. Sorry for being the party pooper, but facts are facts! Happy birthday.
33) Every crisis has an opportunity in disguise. For all you know, your midlife crisis may also have a brilliant opportunity for you in store. So stop sulking about turning forty and let’s party. Happy birthday.
34) In life, the possibilities are endless. The only limitations are those that life inside your mind. Go forth, happy birthday.
35) All your life you strived to become mature and wise. Forty is the time to enjoy the fruits of this journey by being wild and carefree. Happy birthday.
36) Don’t complain about the things that have gone wrong, don’t crib about all the joys that you have forgone. Just smile and laugh as if there’s always a better tomorrow in sight… embrace life with all your might. Happy 40th birthday.
37) Forty is the beginning of the best phase of your life… NOT! Happy birthday.
38) At forty years old, there’s so much you have done. You’ve led a good life, you’ve been a good person. You’ve made your parents proud, you are the pride of the family, steering our lives to where we wanted it to be. Happy 40th birthday.
39) Forty is when you will finally realize why your mum and dad were so cranky when you were growing up. Happy birthday.
40) I have applied a double coat of White-Out and Liquid Paper on the zero on your fortieth birthday card. Congratulations on turning four. Happy birthday.